Want to join the cricket coaching family? Not sure which course is right for you? Find the right course for you by clicking here
ECB Foundation I Coach is a new coach development programme and qualification that has been created to help more people take their first steps into coaching cricket.
A blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore what coaching looks like, the impact you can have as an ECB Foundation I Coach, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences.
By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
An ECB Foundation I Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
It is now the entry level qualification required to coach cricket.
- Role of an ECB Foundation I Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
- Purposeful sessions
- Active sessions
- Safe sessions
- Enjoyable sessions
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- 3 observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple choice questionnaire
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- ECB DBS - please click here to find out more
Please use your FULL NAME (as stated on your ECB DBS) on sign up.
All courses for Spring 2022 have now been completed. Our next courses will be in the Autumn.