The MCC Foundation, the charitable arm of Marylebone Cricket Club, run a network of cricket Hubs that provide free-to-access training and match play to more than 3,000 state-educated young cricketers at 77 sites across the UK. The aim is to empower all boys and girls to reach their full potential in the game, to unite and inspire communities, and to promote physical and mental wellbeing.
Cricket is a game for all, and the programmes are designed to:
- Reduce barriers to access, providing equity of opportunity
- Broaden participation in the hardball game
- Diversify the talent pathways
In 2024, Devon Cricket will be running two new Hubs in Plymouth and Torbay for state school girls aged 11-14.
The Hubs provide high quality winter coaching for girls who are currently not involved in the Performance Pathway. The focus will be on:
- Players that show the most potential
- Those who may not have had the opportunity to train with high level coaches before
- Introducing players to hardball cricket and feeding into local girls sections
- Players from mass participation programmes including: Dynamos Cricket, C2S Street, Lord’s Taverners Wicketz
MCC Foundation Hubs
What is it?
A 10-week winter coaching programme run by performance coaches with a focus on development and enjoyment. There will also be inter-hub match opportunities.
Who is it for?
State school girls aged 11-14 who are not in the Youth Development or County Age Group Pathways.
Devon MCCF Hubs
Interested in taking part at one of the Hubs? Please complete our Expression of Interest form by 30th November.
We are hopeful to expand the number of MCCF Hubs to reach more people in the future.